All the top sports stories all day everyday. With a mostly football, basketball and baseball feel to it.

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Orlando Hudson wants to be a Met???


Marty Noble recently wrote the following about Orlando Hudson:
“From what I’m told, Hudson, a free agent, yearns to play for the Mets. I can’t be sure of that. I don’t know him. But what I know of him would suit the Mets’ purposes quite well. Whether or not Hudson wants to play at Citi Field, money will be a factor, and the $18 million owed Castillo can make it an issue.”
I would absolutely love to get Orlando Hudson in a Met uniform. He's a gold glove second basemen and him coming here would end the Luis Castillo era in New York. Hudson would bring his great personality to the clubhouse and I'm sure would mesh well with Jose Reyes. He can be the leader this team so desperately needs. Oh, and he can hit. Orlando hit .305 this year with 8 HR in 107 games. Great production out of your second basement. Plus adding Hudson could make the Mets the best defensive club in the league. Wright, Reyes, Beltran, Hudson, and Santana are all Gold Glove caliber fielders and with Shneider behind the plate that makes a pretty sick fielding club. I believe getting Hudson should be high on Omar's list of priorites somewhere between getting some semblance of a bullpen and signing another starter.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

New York City
It sucks to be me as a sportsfan because here are my teams: Mets, Knicks, and Jets. (Yeah it hurts)